July 8, 2008

Elknoc Reunion

For the 4th of July we went to Ohio to visit the family. It was pretty exciting to see everyone and for everyone to meet little Ryker. We had a great time, despite the rain!
We went to the zoo in the pouring rain, but there were still lots of animals to see without getting soaked!
We saw the tigers or the Cheetah's, as Alice likes to call them!
Here are all the grand-kids together! They are such cute little kids, I hope we can see them more often!
Ryker's first 4th of July! He really liked the glow stick Grandma Conkle got him and surprisingly he liked the fireworks, okay he only like them for 5 minutes. The he cried the rest of the time, I think he was sleepy though.

We took Ryker swimming, but he didn't like it so much. He lasted maybe 2 minutes and wanted out! The water was a little cold.
Grandma Conkle was super happy to spend time with Ryker and all of the grand-kids.

It was really nice to spend time with my sisters. I'm sad though we didn't get a picture with Erin too. Its cool now that we are older and don't get on each others nerves anymore, now we can be friends.

So almost the entire weekend everyone was playing Corn Hole. It's a fun game, if you've never heard of it, like me, it's pretty similar to horse shoes. Ryan got pretty good at it and I think he kicked some trash!

After all the fun we had in Ohio and the long trip back home, Ryker was pretty exhausted. He slept almost the entire flight and drive home. He was a really good traveler, so hopefully he will do this good next time we go to Ohio!

8 comments:

Margaret said...

They do have pretty good fireworks in Mount Vernon, don't they? What cute pictures! I know your mom appreciates any opportunity to get together with you all and with the grandkids because I feel the same. Glad to see that you guys had a fun trip and that you could all be together.

Janelle & Brandon said...

Bryanne, I just found your blog, Ryker is so cute! I like his new hair cut! That's so fun that you got to go spend some time with your family. Our blog is www.ourfamilyblog-kolby.blogspot.com if you want to check it out.

Jenny said...

Aww, I miss Ryker already, and you guys too, I've realized when you have kids, people are way more excited to see the kids than the parents anymore. "Yeah, Sam and Dillon, Hi Sweeties!, Yeah"....(30 mintues later, "oh hi dills and sam's parents, what's your names again?".

Anna said...

YAY I am so glad y'all found us! We've been wondering how you've been doing. Ryker is so big and CUTE! And I've been told that the best time to travel with kids is before they turn 1 ... I guess because they aren't as mobile and more prone to sleep?? So yeah, I'm glad he was a good traveler for y'all. I'm hoping our little dude will be a good traveler at Christmas when we fly out to Utah (at least that's the tentative plan). ANYways, hope things are well with you guys!

Mom Conkle said...

The pictures are great-Ryker is so adorable & miss him already! We loved having you guys come home!

The Ahue's said...

I have to agree with Jen, no one cares about us adults, it's all about the chilin'. But that's okay because all of our kids are beautiful and fun!! I wish they could play more together, I was pretty impressed with how well they interacted. I hope we can make this an annual tradition.

Emily said...

Hey Bryanne, it was nice to hear from you. Your little Ryker is adorable! Seeing the pictures of your family made me miss Mount Vernon a little bit. Are you guys still in Idaho?

Emily said...

I'm dumb...I just realized you have right there on your blog "We are living in Rexburg, Idaho." I guess that answers me question...